Strangest tuning pins....

Dan Cartlidge inrharmony@verizon.net
Wed, 16 Mar 2005 19:26:24 -0500

Query...I have a customer with an old grand piano...probably European of =
some kind, pretty old, but of modern style.  The problem is the tuning =
pins.  This piano has NO pin block.  What it has is a two piece tuning =
pin system.  The part we use to tune looks the same as on a normal =
piano, protruding from the plate...here's where the similarity stops.  =
The bottom of this part of the pin is somewhat bell-shaped, to butt up =
against the bottom of the plate.  Underneath that is a bolt that screws =
up against the pin and there's where you regulate the tightness of the =
pin. =20

The problem is...some of the pins have broken at the becket hole...is my =
customer screwed, or has anyone heard of this, or know where I can =
acquire these odd pins?

Dan Cartlidge, RPT