Where's the action (cloth)?

Terry terry@farrellpiano.com
Wed, 16 Mar 2005 07:11:24 -0500

MessageYes I have. It works okay, but I tend to make a mess. A fair bit =
of the water tends to get squeegeed out of the strip on the leading side =
of the flange. But actually, the water is a mixture of softened glue and =
water. Then it dries and that one side of the flange has this big crusty =
reddish bullseye on it - doesn't harm anything, trims flush, but looks =
really sloppy (maybe it's just something weird I do). I also find it =
easier to push the sizing pin through when the strip is dry.

Wetting after insertion is definitely not a problem though - bushing are =
retained securely - you can watch the water/alcohol wick from one side =
to the other, so it gets moistened sufficiently to glue in place.

Terry Farrell

  BTW Renner (actually Bill Spurlock) says to wet the strip before =
running it through. Have you tried it that way?

  Alan R. Barnard