Where's the action (cloth)?

Alan tune4u@earthlink.net
Tue, 15 Mar 2005 19:15:37 -0600

Thanks.
=20
Went to the California State Conference and am signed up for National =
(the
Hotel is what kills ya). Thought about going to MARC and even talked to =
some
CTE's out there about testing. But my credit card is starting to whimper =
so
enough for this year!
=20
Congrats on RPT. Both in a day sounds brutal.
=20
Alan R. Barnard
Salem, MO

-----Original Message-----
From: pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org] On =
Behalf
Of Jerry Cohen
Sent: Tuesday, March 15, 2005 6:23 PM
To: 'Pianotech'
Subject: RE: Where's the action (cloth)?

Alan,

=20

I took my RPT exams last fall (both in the same day).

Titebond works well. Just pull the bushing cloth through the flange. =
Then
put a small dab of glue with a tooth pick on the cloth, just outside of =
each
prong of the flange. Then pull the cloth so the glue is in the flange.
Insert a pin for sizing, and let it dry while you do other tasks. After =
the
glue dries, remove the pin, cut the cloth with a sharp razor blade, and =
ream
the bushing for exact size. It=92s easy, so don=92t waste points on =
something
which is easy to do. As for cloth, Pianoteck bushing cloth works =
perfectly
well.

=20

BTW, are you planning to attend the MARC convention in Penn. next month?
They give a fantastic all day technical exam prep class. I took it last
year.=20

=20

Jerry Cohen, RPT

NJ Chapter