PianoDisk Removal

Terry terry@farrellpiano.com
Mon, 14 Mar 2005 17:41:52 -0500

I am repining the back-action on a 10-year old (about) Hyundai grand. =
The piano has a PianoDisk CD system installed on it (just the playback =
feature). I was thinking that it would be easiest to reassemble the =
back-action outside of the piano rather than with the back-action rail =
installed on the belly rail. However, it appeared there was no way to =
remove the back-action while it was assembled - because the PianoDisk =
plunger thingees (the things that activate the keys) interfere - so I =
assume it would not be possible to install it after it is assembled. I =
thought it might be easiest to drop the PianoDisk rail (with the plunger =
thingees) out of the way for back-action installation.

So, the question is: How difficult is it to remove/re-install the =
PianoDisk plunger rail - and if it is a reasonably thing to do, any =
tips? My guess is that I could figure it out on my own - I imagine just =
a few nuts/bolts/screws to remove the thing just drops down (unplug =
first!) - but I also figure it is always best to ask someone that has =
done this before. Anyone?

Thanks.

Terry Farrell