Yamaha CFlll Question

Roger Jolly roger.j@sasktel.net
Sun, 13 Mar 2005 01:41:53 -0600

Hi Phil & Horace,
                              Assuming you have good sound board crown and
correct bearing.

           Once the older CF111's start to get Capo bar grooves the sustain
tends to drop quite a bit in this register.  Drop the tension on two notes
so you can thread a strip of Emery cloth between the Capo and strings, shoe
shine the capo bar to remove the grooves, pull back up to tension and check
the sustain again. I think you will find an improvement.

Lift the strings so there is a lower amount of forward duplex bleed,  tap
the bridge pins to make sure they are secure, and the strings are well
seated.  This will improve sustain.

Make sure that all perimeter plate bolts are secure.   Hammer
shape??????   Hammer fitting????  Glide bolts are critical on this piano
for optimum sustain and power.

What is the hammer flange centre pinning Like? 4 gms of friction is
optimum.  What is the let off and drop Like?

The new CF111 hammers are made from Wurzen Felt and will produce much
better sustain.   A World of difference from the old style hammers.

Should give you some food for thought.

Regards Roger