Unison slump, a grave warning

hubert liverman hubertliverman@bellsouth.net
Fri, 11 Mar 2005 16:43:52 -0600

  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Alan Forsyth=20
  To: Pianotech=20
  Sent: Friday, March 11, 2005 2:39 PM
  Subject: Re: Unison slump, a grave warning

  Yes, it happens quite often that I've done a tuning, walked outside =
and then couldn't stand the traffic noise. I also cover my ears with my =
hands whenever an ambulance or fire engine comes screaming past.

  AF

  I was  Bass Trombonist for many years. The noise created in Symphonic, =
Concert, Big Band,Circus,etc jobs never bothered me. I retired from the =
'biz' and got back into piano tuning(I always carried a tuning/triage =
kit with me) and saved some disasters. I only play a reunion with my =
College Big Band once a year. There are 8 bands that rehearse, =
perform,and record over a two and a half day period. These are era big =
bands..30'40'50'60'70'80'90s and Current. This year is our 75 th =
anniversity. I have the record for playing on each era band,either as a =
current member,sub or ringer in the 20'th century. Yep, you got it, I =
also tune the venue Pianos,for room and convention expenses. This is my =
last playing year...the noise is to loud for my piano ears. I can not =
stay in the hall when the "guys" are giving it their all and survive. I =
come in,setup and tune the pianos at least 2 times a day. Do not do what =
I have done!

  Picking up the horn now to relearn how to play by the end of July!

  Hubert Liverman
  Tuner/tech