special tuning request..how do you do it?

Tom Servinsky tompiano@bellsouth.net
Fri, 11 Mar 2005 05:24:53 -0500

------=_NextPart_001_003E_01C525FA.A7A07650
  Brian wrote:I have received a request to tune a piano the Saturday =
evening before Easter, around 10 p.m., after the church has completed an =
Easter play.  They wish to have the piano ready for the Easter morning =
service.  The church is located out of town and has been a regular =
customer.

  Brian
  It all depends on how much you want to keep this account. You are in =
between the "rock and the hard place" situation.
  If you do it, you have to apply some level of holiday and after hours =
rate as this is an out of the ordinary request. It  comes to reason that =
your time is valuable and their request is unique. On the other hand ,if =
you don't do it, then you run the risk of loosing the account.
  Personally, I would be bold and make your point loud and clear that =
their request is one which comes with a major service call fee ( at =
least 2x your rate) and then put the ball back in their court.  Although =
I do a lot of unusual hour-tunings due to concert work being my main =
gig, I make it quite clear that very late hour work comes with a price =
tag. If they re willing to pay for it, they'll ask for my service. If =
not, they won't. Simple is that!

  Tom Servinsky
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  I have received a request to tune a piano the Saturday evening before =
Easter, around 10 p.m., after the church has completed an Easter play.  =
They wish to have the piano ready for the Easter morning service.  The =
church is located out of town and has been a regular customer.

  What are some of your practices regarding additional fees for such a =
situation?

        Brian P. Doepke

        A.A.A. Piano Works, Inc=20

  =20