Bidding for a Contract

Nichols nicho@zianet.com
Thu, 10 Mar 2005 23:51:25 -0700

At 12:06 AM 3/11/2005 -0600, you wrote:
>Thanks David,
>
>Hadn't thought of asking about the budget.  It makes complete sense now, but
>before I just thought bidding was all just done blind - as I said, haven't
>done it before.
>
>Thanks again,
>William R. Monroe

Don't forget payment terms. You don't wanna get stuck with once-a-quarter
invoicing with 30/60/90/doubtful after that kinda terms. Sometimes monthly
with a prompt payment discount is best. Just bid the discount "up" into
your rates. Unless, of course, there's major competition and you really
really want the gig. It's not always nifty to be the lowest bidder, y'know.
And... certain factors may make it possible for the studio to select on
basis other than price.

Just another 2¢ ,
Guy