Unison slump

antares antares@euronet.nl
Thu, 10 Mar 2005 18:56:21 +0100

On 10-mrt-05, at 13:24, Phil Bondi wrote:

> Hi all.
>
> Recently, I have been seeing some drifting of my unisons with my most
> prized possessions in my database. I know there's a ton of factors at
> play..atmospheric as well as condition of the piano..but I was
> wondering if any of you have ever felt like you were in a slump as far
> as unison tuning is concerned..or is my ear becoming much more
> sensitive to unisons?
>
> A general question with no concrete answer, I know..just want to see
> the comments on this.
>
> -Phil Bondi(Fl)

It is quite normal Phil,

In most cases, it means that the hearing goes through stages.
I have had the same thing on and off and I keep hearing new things I
never heard before.
(I suspect I'll end up hearing fairy tales again by the time I'm 65)
Anyway, our hearing adapts to our experience or vice versa.
It means that at a moment you think your hearing goes bonkers, but it
is the other way around : your hearing has adapted to the next level.
It means you are now in the next grade, a higher level.
I would say : open up the champagne and slurp...

EAR

friendly greetings
from
André Oorebeek