Unison slump

Alan tune4u@earthlink.net
Thu, 10 Mar 2005 11:40:18 -0600

I've decided to completely rethink my hammer technique. My stability hasn't
been too bad but I think I'm going to work on Liz Baker's "Jiggle, Jerk, and
Pound" method. I watched a fairly new tuner, whom she had coached, use this
style and was very impressed with the way it seemed to fall in and hold.

Who was it said he'd spent a lifetime improving his unisons? Wasn't it Geo.
Defebaugh?

Alan R. Barnard
Salem, MO

-----Original Message-----
From: pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org] On Behalf
Of Phil Bondi
Sent: Thursday, March 10, 2005 6:25 AM
To: Newtonville
Subject: Unison slump

Hi all.

Recently, I have been seeing some drifting of my unisons with my most
prized possessions in my database. I know there's a ton of factors at
play..atmospheric as well as condition of the piano..but I was wondering
if any of you have ever felt like you were in a slump as far as unison
tuning is concerned..or is my ear becoming much more sensitive to unisons?

A general question with no concrete answer, I know..just want to see the
comments on this.

-Phil Bondi(Fl)