screw-stringers

Delwin D Fandrich fandrich@pianobuilders.com
Wed, 9 Mar 2005 13:35:57 -0800

According to a conversation I had with Mr John Steinway in the mid-1970s the
Steinway company had perfected the basic design of the piano by approximately
1932 and there was nothing left to develop. There was really no need for the
Steinway company to continue on with their R&D department except to adapt the
occasional new material and, perhaps, some new tool. About the only thing left
for their competitors was to copy the Steinway design as best they could.

Del