Brasso bass string problem

Søren Egetved post@pianostemmer.dk
Wed, 9 Mar 2005 15:10:34 +0100

Hi=20
There is only one thing to do, and that is to replace the bass strings. =
I assume that your customer was not happy with the sound even before he =
tried to clean/polish the bass strings with brasso, or did he just =
polish them to make them shine??? =20
 Regards=20
Soren Egetved-Sorensen
Copenhagen Denmark
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Arthur Chickering=20
  To: Pianotech=20
  Sent: Wednesday, March 09, 2005 4:12 AM
  Subject: Brasso bass string problem

  Dear List,
  I have a customer who tried to clean his Haines Grand piano bass =
strings with Brasso.  I have not seen this piano yet.  He says that the =
bass strings after application sound very bad and he wants to know what =
if anything, short of replacing the bass strings can be done. I told him =
I had not seen this problem before and that I would check with this list =
to see what ideas any of you might have as a possible solution.

  Thanks,
  Arthur Chickering