Brasso bass string problem

J Patrick Draine draine@comcast.net
Wed, 9 Mar 2005 07:44:15 -0500

Arthur,
He's out of luck! The typical Haines grand in my pool of customers is
generally just under 5 ', with bass strings at steep angles from tuning
pin to V-bar (i.e. already brittle and  ready to break), repetition
lever function carried out by a special spring design (and the springs
tend to crumble), tuning pins very loose, etc.  Don't allow him to make
HIS problem YOUR problem -- give him an estimate for doing the work in
your most professional manner.
Best of luck,
Patrikc Draine