Moulded Keytops, problems buffing

Tue, 8 Mar 2005 10:34:54 -0000

Hello Robin
My "Buffing and Polishing Compound" comes in a cardboard tube which you =
push up at one end. In colour it is sort of "light buff" (very =
appropriate).
Rergards
Michael G.(UK)
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Robin Stevens=20
  To: Pianotech=20
  Sent: Tuesday, March 08, 2005 12:03 AM
  Subject: Re: Moulded Keytops, problems buffing

         Terry,
        I only use the red rouge on Brass and metal, and have a separate =
softer wheel for keys only using the white rouge.

        My Key wheel is 6x2 inches and runs at 2850 rpm. I have no =
problems at that speed but the harder you push on the wheel the more =
chances you have of burning the Key.

        The wheel for Brass and metal is normally fully sewn and harder. =
After a while the soft key polishing wheel will harden,so I run the =
pointy end of a file across the wheel a couple of times to loosen it and =
make it softer. =20

        Here in Australia the rouge comes in the form of a long bar. =
Hence the name "buffing soap"

        Regards
        Robin Stevens