Tuning a concert piano with humidity control

Jerry Cohen emailforjc@yahoo.com
Sun, 06 Mar 2005 11:17:50 -0500

Thanks for the reply, Don.

The piano will be a Bosie 225 (7' 4"). The piano has not been delivered yet,
so I am trying to think ahead.

This piano requires a dual tank system, and because of the complex beam
structure, the tanks must be mounted below the beams. Actually, one of the
tanks would just fit, but the other just misses. Therefore a bottom cover is
not an option. That is why I am requesting a custom floor length cover.

With no bottom cover, does it make sense to keep it plugged in during the
concert? They do mostly chamber music, so the piano gets repositioned
depending on the number of instrumentalists for each work.

With all this in mind, what is the best timing sequence for removing the
cover and tuning?

Thanks,

Jerry Cohen, RPT
NJ Chapter