GC strings

David Love davidlovepianos@comcast.net
Sat, 5 Mar 2005 12:01:48 -0800

A good string maker is a good string maker.  There is nothing magic
about anybody's strings if they wind them accurately and correctly.
More important is probably the scaling that is chosen.  Your technician
should advise you about analyzing the scaling and then you can choose
among a number of good string makers:  Arledge, JD Grandt, or GC and
there are others.  Find out if GC has their own philosophy about scale
choice or if they are amenable to producing strings based on whatever
scale information you provide them.   You need to have your technician
help you with this as this is not a layman's research project.

David Love
davidlovepianos@comcast.net
-----Original Message-----
From: pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org] On
Behalf Of Richard A. James
Sent: Saturday, March 05, 2005 11:21 AM
To: pianotech@ptg.org
Subject: GC strings

I would like this question posted to the people on ptg mailing list: I
would like to get some info about GC bass strings. My piano tuner
mentioned them to me as being a way to really enhance the low end of the
instrument (namely the bottom 21 strings). What is your opinion of those
strings, and do you know of a website that has some info about them, as
well as testimonials, etc? I'd be grateful for anything you could tell
me. Thanks in advance, RJ