Trapwork lubeing

Delwin D Fandrich fandrich@pianobuilders.com
Wed, 2 Mar 2005 10:16:05 -0800

Equal amounts of lanolin, paraffin and bee's wax. Melt in a double boiler
and mix together. Add Teflon powder to form thick, peanut butter-like paste.
Cool and store in small containers. Works great and lasts a long time. If it
comes out too thick, reheat and add mineral oil to taste.

Del

  -----Original Message-----
  From: pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org]On
Behalf Of Stéphane Collin
  Sent: March 02, 2005 7:36 AM
  To: Pianotech
  Subject: Trapwork lubeing

  Hello list.

  I'm not satisfied with my current lubeing routine for trapwork.  May I ask
what is your's ?
  (I put Protek mpl-1 fluoropolymer grease at leather-brass contacts and at
felt-wood contacts, and clp at metal hinges ; I replace felt in the guides
and put teflon powder on the felt.  It still squeeks, dammit.)
  Also, is there a way to prevent the pianist's shoe's sole to squeek
against the brass pedal ?

  Stéphane Collin.