Trapwork lubeing

Michael Crosby michaelc@cooperpiano.com
Wed, 2 Mar 2005 12:44:14 -0500 (Eastern Standard Time)

--------------Boundary-00=_RXJQLVC0000000000000
In a class a few years back, Roger Jolly spoke of using high quality
paraffin melted into the felt at the felt- wood contacts .Don't use regul=
ar
candles but canning paraffin or Shabbat (Kosher) candles. I've tried it a=
nd
it works great.=0D
=0D
Michael Crosby=0D
Cooper Music=0D
Atlanta, Ga.=0D
 =0D
-------Original Message-------=0D
 =0D
From: St=E9phane Collin=0D
Date: 03/02/05 10:37:51=0D
To: Pianotech=0D
Subject: Trapwork lubeing=0D
 =0D
Hello list.=0D
 =0D
I'm not satisfied with my current lubeing routine for trapwork.  May I as=
what is your's ?=0D
(I put Protek mpl-1 fluoropolymer grease at leather-brass contacts and at
felt-wood contacts, and clp at metal hinges ; I replace felt in the guide=
and put teflon powder on the felt.  It still squeeks, dammit.)=0D
Also, is there a way to prevent the pianist's shoe's sole to squeek again=
st
the brass pedal ?=0D
 =0D
St=E9phane Collin.=0D