Tuning Lever Tips

Jeannie Grassi jcgrassi@earthlink.net
Tue, 1 Mar 2005 20:45:12 -0800

Hi Joe,

For lightness and a good feel in the hand, you might try one of the titanium
hammers made to your liking by either Michael Calahan, or Charles Faulk.
Both of them make beautiful tuning hammers....similarly priced.

jeannie

Jeannie Grassi, RPT

Associate Editor, Piano Technicians Journal

 <mailto:jcgrassi@earthlink.net> mailto:jcgrassi@earthlink.net

  _____

From: pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org] On Behalf
Of Joseph Alkana
Sent: Tuesday, March 01, 2005 8:25 PM
To: Pianotech
Subject: Re: Tuning Lever Tips

Greg,

Thanks for your input. I like the idea of lightness in a tuning hammer for
most occasions. The exception being pianos with really tight pins. Sometimes
those types can call for a pronounced nudge that seems easier to administer
with a weighted hammer.

One other 'downside' is the cost of those Jahn puppies!

I think Jahn is pronounced like yawn!

Joseph Alkana  RPT
josephspiano@comcast.net