Action Center Pin Progression

Greg Graham grahampianos@yahoo.com
Tue, 1 Mar 2005 19:56:35 -0800 (PST)

My only exposure to the use of long center pins was a
class at NYSCON 2003 taught by Ken Walkup called:

"Rebushing Action Parts Using the Renner System".

The long pins, which he called "Shrink Pins", come in
mm sizes 1.25, 1.275, 1.3, 1.325, and 1.35, 60 cm
long.  I ordered some from Renner USA, item number
GEN-0610, which were about $2.50 each in Oct '04.  Ken
suggests buying at least 3 of one size to fit 88
parts.

The idea was that an entire rail of parts could be
rebushed efficiently by using the Renner pre-glued
cloth (Renner part 1049, get six strips per rail),
pulling the cloth thru the bushing, pulling on the