Action Center Pin Progression

Tue, 1 Mar 2005 13:01:26 -0000

------=_NextPart_001_001C_01C51E5E.C7004550
Hello Jurgen, Terry et al..
I am a bit puzzled as to how you insert a centre pin that long. What is =
the principle involved here. Is this only for butt-plated butts? I am =
used to the shorter UK pins and cannot conceive a method. There must be =
a special tool? Joe?
Regards from a sunny Sussex Downland village
Michael G.(UK)
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Piano Forte Supply=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Tuesday, March 01, 2005 5:18 AM
  Subject: Action Center Pin Progression

  Terry Farrell wrote:

    I am in the process of repinning all action centers on a set of =
wippens, and flanges on the back-action. I like using the long Renner =
pinning wire. Unfortunately, in the range of sizes I need to work with, =
Renner only offers wire in 0.05 millimeter increments. This fairly =
closely compares to 0.002-inch increments. If I use the Renner wire, and =
1.30 mm wire (about 0.051-inch) is just a tad too loose - it would be =
ideal to use 1.325 wire (which would be roughly equal to a 0.052-inch), =
but unfortunately, Renner only offers their wire in the next size =
increment at 1.35 mm.=20

    My question is this - does jumping up 0.05 mm (or 0.002-inch) =
significantly increase the risk of splitting the birdseye? Obviously, if =
I used the regular little individual center pins, I could limit the jump =
to 0.025 mm (0.001-inch). Is this a big deal or what?

    Terry Farrell

  Terry  -=20

  I carry the European center rods.  Presently, I have over 20 sizes in =
stock, in increments of .025 mm.=20
   1.325 mm is no problem.   See the size comparison chart on my =
website:
  http://www.pianofortesupply.com/centerpinsizes.html

  Remember, if you are looking for any specialty item from Europe, I am =
the one who can supply it to you.  (Although I haven't branched out into =
champagne yet.)

  Jurgen Goering
  Piano Forte Supply

------=_NextPart_001_001C_01C51E5E.C7004550