Action Center Pin Progression

Piano Forte Supply pianoforte@pianofortesupply.com
Mon, 28 Feb 2005 21:18:13 -0800

Terry Farrell wrote:

> I am in the process of repinning all action centers on a set of
> wippens, and flanges on the back-action. I like using the long Renner
> pinning wire. Unfortunately, in the range of sizes I need to work
> with, Renner only offers wire in 0.05 millimeter increments. This
> fairly closely compares to 0.002-inch increments. If I use the Renner
> wire, and 1.30 mm wire (about 0.051-inch) is just a tad too loose - it
> would be ideal to use 1.325 wire (which would be roughly equal to a
> 0.052-inch), but unfortunately, Renner only offers their wire in the
> next size increment at 1.35 mm.
> My question is this - does jumping up 0.05 mm (or 0.002-inch)
> significantly increase the risk of splitting the birdseye? Obviously,
> if I used the regular little individual center pins, I could limit the
> jump to 0.025 mm (0.001-inch). Is this a big deal or what?
>
> Terry Farrell

Terry  -

I carry the European center rods.  Presently, I have over 20 sizes in
stock, in increments of .025 mm.
 1.325 mm is no problem.   See the size comparison chart on my website:
http://www.pianofortesupply.com/centerpinsizes.html

Remember, if you are looking for any specialty item from Europe, I am
the one who can supply it to you.  (Although I haven't branched out into
champagne yet.)

Jurgen Goering
Piano Forte Supply

--------------040902010708000802090401