Action Center Pin Progression

David Ilvedson ilvey@sbcglobal.net
Mon, 28 Feb 2005 17:34:19 -0800

Terry,

pictures would be helpful if you can do that...

David I.

Original message
From: Terry
Subject: Action Center Pin Progression

I am in the process of repinning all action centers on a set of=
 wippens, and flanges on the back-action. I like using the long=
 Renner pinning wire. Unfortunately, in the range of sizes I need=
 to work with, Renner only offers wire in 0.05 millimeter=
 increments. This fairly closely compares to 0.002-inch=
 increments. If I use the Renner wire, and 1.30 mm wire (about=
 0.051-inch) is just a tad too loose - it would be ideal to use=
 1.325 wire (which would be roughly equal to a 0.052-inch), but=
 unfortunately, Renner only offers their wire in the next size=
 increment at 1.35 mm.

My question is this - does jumping up 0.05 mm (or 0.002-inch)=
 significantly increase the risk of splitting the birdseye?=
 Obviously, if I used the regular little individual center pins,=
 I could limit the jump to 0.025 mm (0.001-inch). Is this a big=
 deal or what?

Terry Farrell