Tiny holes in Brown action?

Dave Davis davistunes@yahoo.com
Wed, 27 Jul 2005 18:52:55 -0700 (PDT)

The one I was working on last month did *not* have any holes on the forks, other than the ones the upholstery tacks are sitting in. I believe it is very similar to the one you are doing.

Dave Davis, RPT

gordon stelter <lclgcnp@yahoo.com> wrote:
Hi!
I'm still trying to figure out what the very tiny
holes in the tips of the forked things ( which hold
the spring-stirrup cord ) on this Brown action
are/were for ??? Mine has been badly mutilated by
"technicians" over the years, and I don't want to
proceed until I figure these holes out.
Any assistance would be GREATLY appreciated!
Thanks!
Gordon

P.S. I can send a photo of the holes, if it would help.

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs