voicing Wurzen hammers

Porritt, David dporritt@mail.smu.edu
Tue, 26 Jul 2005 18:12:21 -0500

I've hung 5 sets of Ronsen Wurzen's this summer.  None needed any =
needling.  The top half octave could have been treated a little but =
since they all were in practice rooms (5'10" pianos in 5'11" rooms!) I =
didn't do any treating. =20
=20
If I get any hammers that need 20 to 40 stabs I'll have to retire.  I =
don't think my hands would do that.  They're getting old!
=20
dp
=20
__________________________
David M. Porritt, RPT
Meadows School of the Arts
Southern Methodist University
Dallas, TX 75275
dporritt@smu.edu

________________________________

From: pianotech-bounces@ptg.org on behalf of Mark Potter
Sent: Tue 7/26/2005 6:00 PM
To: Pianotech
Subject: Re: voicing Wurzen hammers

Erwinspiano@aol.com wrote:=20

=09
	   Hi Ric
	   For Phil Sake let's make the distinction and ask are these Ronsen =
Wurzen or Euro's?
	=20
	Well, I ordered them from Ray @ Ronsen, and specified Wurzen when =
sending in the samples.  I would guess this would make them Ronsen =
Wurzen?  I sure wasn't thinking along the lines of 20-40 stabs per =
shoulder, though, with 3 needles in the voicing tool....  I really don't =
think I'm THAT far off, but we will see, I guess.
	Mark =20
	=20

A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available