Chickering Model 123

Calin Tantareanu calin.tantareanu@gmx.net
Tue, 26 Jul 2005 23:45:58 +0300

What is behind those agraffes? A front duplex segment or are the strings =
muted with felt?

 Calin Tantareanu
 http://calin.1L.com
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Paul McCloud=20
  To: Pianotech=20
  Sent: Tuesday, July 26, 2005 2:40 PM
  Subject: Chickering Model 123

  Dear Listers:
      I have a Chickering Grand piano that is in very good condition, =
nice tone, etc.  But the treble section has very little sustain.  =
There's plenty of crown and downbearing there.  I noticed that it has =
some sort of half-agraffes upside down under the capo bar.  I suspect =
that this arrangement is somehow muting these notes.  Anyone have a clue =
what I could do to liven up this  piano?  Thanks.
  Paul=20

  Paul McCloud
  pmc033@earthlink.net
  EarthLink Revolves Around You.