Upright Damper Felt

Sat, 9 Jul 2005 08:59:28 +0100

------=_NextPart_001_004A_01C58464.83624A20
Hello Farrell and List
This looks identical to the damper felts I get from Fletcher & Newman - =
"Best French Damper Felt"  - pre-cut and stitched and a real joy to use. =
I wonder what Andre and his Wurzen felt will come up with? You are lucky =
indeed to have Jurgen as a supplier!
Michael G.(UK)
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Farrell=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Saturday, July 09, 2005 12:59 AM
  Subject: Upright Damper Felt

  Just thought some of you might be interested in what Jurgen Goering @ =
Piano Forte Supply has to offer in the area of upright damper felt.

  Piano is a 1938 Chickering studio (you've seen 'em - the ones with the =
beautiful fancy cabinets with the top fronts that are almost impossible =
to figure out how to remove).

  In the picture below, you can see the treble felt - separate pieces =
like on a grand. Also shown in the five bicord tenor dampers I made from =
his felt and the two types (bicord and monocord) of bass dampers I =
bought from him (close-ups below). (Damn, that's not a rum & coke in =
that cup.....)

  Close-up of monocord bass ready-made damper (left), bicord ready-made =
damper (next to left) and five bicord tenor dampers that had to be =
custom made (by me) from felt supplied by Jurgen. (I haven't glued them =
on yet because I haven't gone back to the piano yet - next Monday.)

  Close-up of the plain-wire dampers in the area of the tenor/treble =
break.

  I'll report back on how they perform. They sure look good!

  High resolution images are available upon request.

  I think it is a pretty cool idea. A little extra work, but not too =
bad. Let's see how they perform (I expect good things).

  Hey, check out them hammers - nothing a vigorous attack with 60-grit =
couldn't straighten out!

  Terry Farrell

------=_NextPart_001_004A_01C58464.83624A20
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...