re-stringing and CA

David Ilvedson ilvey@sbcglobal.net
Fri, 1 Jul 2005 14:24:45 -0700

Michael,

A local technician, here in the Bay Area, invented a tuning pin=
 with #3/0, 4/0 threads and 2/0 tops.   Pianotek has=
 them..."lo-torque" tuning pins.   Made by Diamond, I believe.

David I.

Original message
From: Michael Gamble
Subject: re-stringing and CA

Hello List
Thought I'd start a thread about re-stringing. We usually use the=
 "next-size-up" tuning pins when re-stringing but basic science=
 tells me that the smaller the pin the less unwinding leverage on=
 it from the string. So. How about a new set of tuning pins the=
 same size as the old and using CA to "glue" them in....Ha! Ha!
Regards from a darkening wintry Sussex village
Michael G.(UK)