re-stringing and CA

David Love davidlovepianos@comcast.net
Fri, 1 Jul 2005 13:55:08 -0700

If you have to use the old block, ream to get to some fresh wood and =
then
use the =93Lo-Torque=94 tuning pins that keep the #2 top but increase =
the size
of the pinblock part of the pin.  They are available in half sizes so =
you
can choose between 3, 3 =BD, 4, 4 =BD, without getting the top of the =
pin where
the wire wraps too large in circumference.  They are available from
Pianotek. =20

=20

David Love
davidlovepianos@comcast.net=20

-----Original Message-----
From: pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org] On =
Behalf
Of Michael Gamble
Sent: Friday, July 01, 2005 1:36 PM
To: pianotech@ptg.org
Subject: re-stringing and CA

=20

Hello List

Thought I'd start a thread about re-stringing. We usually use the
"next-size-up" tuning pins when re-stringing but basic science tells me =
that
the smaller the pin the less unwinding leverage on it from the string. =
So.
How about a new set of tuning pins the same size as the old and using CA =
"glue" them in....Ha! Ha!

Regards from a darkening wintry Sussex village

Michael G.(UK)