Moisture King vs Dampp-chaser

pianolover 88 pianolover88@hotmail.com
Mon, 31 Jan 2005 11:04:04 -0800

Dampp-chaser products have jumped in price recently, and so I wanted to ask
if anyone on this list has used "moisture king" humidity control systems;
and if so, were/are you happy with the performance and quality? Their prices
are considerably lower than DC, and  their their humidistat is even
adjustable from 10-90%. They also include a "lifetime" warranty vs 5 years
for dc. In case you have not been to their website, the url is:
http://www.moistureking.com/

I'd be very interested to hear feedback pro/con from those who have
installed this brand. thanks!

Terry Peterson

----Original Message Follows----
From: Carl Teplitski <koko99@shaw.ca>
To: Pianotech <pianotech@ptg.org>
Subject: Re: ? selling ivory
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2005 12:33:00 -0600

A few years ago , a fellow tech. called to tell me of an unusaul job he was
asked to do .  A lady wanted him to recover the ivories on her YAMAHA
which she had purchased in St. Louis  some 25 years previous. Her husband
was transfered to our city, Winnipeg, Canada with his company. He was now
retired and moving home to St. Louis, but they were told that the piano
couldn't
as the piano was 25 years old, and had been bought in the US.  In any case
he replaced the ivories, which he said were perfect. We couldn't believe the
zero tolerance excersized .  Guess if someone had not asked or she  hadn't
volunteerd the info., nobody would have been the wiser. Seems strange to me.

Carl / Winnipeg