Early Juliius Bluthner

Mon, 31 Jan 2005 17:28:57 +0100

Hi folks

I'll be posting a few pics to my website later on this evening, and will
send links to them. Turns out as far as I can see that this piano was a
first year production model.  It has serial number 86 which puts it at
1953.  The number was found on the right hand inside of the case /
action cavity. I have a pic of that as well. No other numbers written
anywhere as far as I can see.  Lots of basic work to be done, but the
thing is very much intact.  Looks like about 5 soundboard shims will be
needed, and perhaps the bass bridge will need to be re-attached. Wont
know for sure til I get the strings off. Lots and lots of dirt everywhere.

Anyways... keep an eye open for pics tonite.

Cheers
RicB