Removing key leads

John Hartman [link redacted at request of site owner - Jul 25, 2015] [link redacted at request of site owner - Jul 25, 2015]
Sun, 30 Jan 2005 12:09:15 -0500

Dave,

I have a tool set up to both remove and inset key leads. It is made from
n arbor press (Enco $15). Sorry the photo doesn't show all the details
but it has various bits that can be inserted in the plunger. One has a
1/8" end that is used to remove blind hole leads like found on the
Steinway with out damaging the keys. Hope this helps.

John Hartman X-PTG

John Hartman Pianos
Rebuilding Steinway and Mason & Hamlin
Grand Pianos Since 1979