Key lead Removal Pliers

Joe Garrett joegarrett@earthlink.net
Sat, 29 Jan 2005 22:21:32 -0800

------=_NextPart_001_0002_01C50650.E2D3AA40
Dave,
I spoke too soon! I can't seem to be able to lay my hands on the =
"specific" pliers, at this moment. (While searching for them, I found a =
few other "lost" items!<G>) My shop is in a bit of a mess right now, =
what with the ongoing action "manufacture".
Enclosed is a picture of the compound Grand Shank Pliers and some Slip =
Jaw Pliers. The tool I was/am looking for is based on the Slip Jaw =
Pliers/modified. The principle is similar to the Grand Hammer Pliers.
What I did, was weld a "tine" on either side of one jaw of the Slip Jaw =
Pliers. On the the other jaw, I welded a 1/2" steel rod. Then, I ground =
off the "tine jaw, so that the steel rod would clear between the =
"tines". This works fairly well. But, as I said in my last post, if I =
had to do it again, (and I will if I can't find the originals!), I'd put =
the 1/2" steel rod on a vertical pivot, so that it would "follow" the =
lead out the hole w/o traumatizing the hole.
The Grand Hammer Extracting Pliers will suffice for this job. Hmmm? I =
might just "modify" them, as in exchangeable jaws! That might work, by =
golly!<G>
I hope this gives you some ideas.<G>
Best Regards,

Joe Garrett, R.P.T.