Dumb Tuner moves - was Stupid Tuner Tricks

Phil Bondi phil@philbondi.com
Sun, 30 Jan 2005 05:21:06 -0500

 From what I've read with this thread, it still doesn't match the level
of stupid that I did just yesterday, and it reminded me that I should
share that level of stupid with the rest of you.

New Client - New Piano - Warranty Tuning from the dealer - nothing out
of the ordinary so far, right?

Well, I had another appointment after that one. When I got to that next
appointment, I noticed that my little brown bag that holds my tuning
lever and rubber mutes was not in my tool box. Everything else was there
except that bag.

I looked around the piano I was presently at..thinking I MUST have put
it down somewhere.............

It didn't take me long to figure out that the bag in question was left
behind at the last client's home. I may have left behind a mute or 2 on
the plate in the past (isn't there a Mute-Sharing program in place?!?),
but never the whole bag. It was clear across town (20 minutes each way -
thank God it was Saturday or the time would have been more). I kicked
myself for awhile, then I started laughing at my stupidity - how could I
have left behind the one bag that would prevent me from doing my job?
Here's my excuse:

The owner of the home and I were talking as I was putting the piano back
together - the owner happens to be a Boston Red Sox fan, and I'm not.

I was cursed!

-Phil Bondi(Fl)