How do you do it ??

Alan tune4u@earthlink.net
Sat, 29 Jan 2005 13:39:08 -0600

I'll tell you one thing, and this I have confirmed for myself and seen =
in
every highly productive person I have known:
=20
Disconnect your television set. No cable, no satellite, no antenna, no =
TV.
We only have the set for watching the occasional DVD or tape. (Speaking =
of
DVD's, we just watched "The Forgotten" and I recommend it for everyone =
who
likes spooky, jump-out-of-your-seat movies)
=20
Been this way for over 5 years now and don't miss TV one little bit.  =
It's
not a sacrafice of any consequence, to me.
=20
Added bonus: You avoid bringing a lot of porn, vulgarity, biased news,
Hollywood drivel, insulting ads, general verbal and visual pollution and =
BS
into your home.
=20
Anyway, bottom line, I've never known a highly productive person who =
watched
more than a few hours of TV in a whole year. I don't trust myself to =
even
have it around: If I did, I'd watch a few hours every day, i.e., WASTE a =
few
hours every day!
=20
Alan R. Barnard