Give me your address, I'll send you a sample. OK?

antares antares@euronet.nl
Sat, 29 Jan 2005 19:18:17 +0100

On 29-jan-05, at 18:39, Keith Roberts wrote:

> Let me qualify that statement. I said it was the flex of the key,=20
> which in my inexperienced mind means larger grands are more prone to=20=

> have flexible keys. Small grands are made cheaper and may have as much=20=

> flex or more. I don't know. My postulate was that we have to take into=20=

> account flex and delay in order to affect release velocity with the=20
> punching change. David detected no change in sound in his test. His=20
> test was only the difference between a hard punching and a soft one.=20=

> The two extremes. So if on a soft blow where there would be little=20
> flex, there is also an "improvement" of tone, I would have to agree=20
> with Stephane and attribute part or all of the=A0change in sound to =
the=20
> removal of a "garbage" noise. I believe Andre keeps saying the sound=20=

> is clearer, not necessarily louder. ?
> =A0
> kpiano

Keith,
This has nothing at all to do with shorter or larger keys. Think about=20=

what you are suggesting :
A so called 'smaller' key is about so and so long, a concert key is a=20
few cm longer. Do you really think that it makes any difference in=20
sound when you replace the front punching?

I say, first try this thing out for yourself. We have a number of list=20=

subscribers who have already done so for themselves and they have=20
described the results in detail.
Are they making this up? why would they?
I say again : first try this stuff out yourself, then talk.

Give me your address, I'll send you a sample.

OK?

Andr=E9 Oorebeek
Amsterdam
The Netherlands