quality chuck for drill press

Overs Pianos sec@overspianos.com.au
Sat, 29 Jan 2005 00:23:36 +1100

>I bought a basic Jacobs chuck. I paid just under $100. Made a huge
>difference. I know Jacobs is a well-known large chuck manufacturer.

Good suggestion Terry. But don't take it for granted that it will be
free of run-out just because its a Jacobs. We have two of them at our
place, and one should be have been returned when it was purchased.
I'd recommend taking a dial gauge along to your supplier and checking
it in a drill with a piece of round ground stock as a test piece.

Even some of the Chinese stuff is testing straight these days, but
sometimes they fail because the heat treating isn't.

Ron O.
--
OVERS PIANOS - SYDNEY
    Grand Piano Manufacturers