String spacing: Was after-ring in new dampers

Alan tune4u@earthlink.net
Thu, 27 Jan 2005 21:23:56 -0600

Whoa, there Big Fella. Did you say to make kinks in the strings? This =
sounds
like a sacralidge, false beat-wise. Or am I missing something? How do =
you do
it?=20
=20
Also, I guess it's easier under a capo ... but I'm always frustrated =
with
upright string spacing when the %#*$@ pressure bar screws are poorly
located. Anyone have ideas for dealing with strings that just won't sit
parallel to each other and well-spaced?
=20
Alan R. Barnard
Slingin' Strings (or Something!) in Salem, MO

-----Original Message-----
From: pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org] On =
Behalf
Of St=E9phane Collin
Sent: Thursday, January 27, 2005 8:45 PM
To: Pianotech
Subject: Re: after-ring in new dampers

Hi Sarah.
=20
I just learned two good tricks about those trichord dampers.
1=B0 use Yamaha damper strips.
2=B0 make a kink at the agraffee in the two outer strings so to increase =
the
distance between them and the middle string.  Not much is needed, and =
the
damper will sit much better. Do this of course when the strings are
tensionned at the right pitch.
=20
Regards.
=20