To CA or not to CA, was: good price for CA

Maggie Jusiel mags@magsmusic.net
Fri, 28 Jan 2005 05:43:56 +1300 (NZDT)

Thanks for all the info!

So far, I've only used CA when ALL of three things exist:
1) The pins are so loose you can't tune it.
2) It's an old piano that would be junked for more reasons than just a
loose pin block.
3) There is a possibility of a crack in the block, so using larger pins
would only enlarge the crack.

My general idea, is to use as much CA as the wood will take, but
obviously, that is dangerous because the wood may take a bunch, then more
will run elsewhere...gotta be more careful of that...been lucky so far.
;)

Taking out the action is a VERY GOOD idea.  Fortunately, I actually have
taken the action out of the one I'm currently working on because I did
other work on it while the glue was drying.  ...still haven't done a
thorough check on it, though.

Thanks Again!
-mags, WV

Maggie Jusiel