good price for CA

J Patrick Draine draine@comcast.net
Thu, 27 Jan 2005 04:24:49 -0500

Note the two variables: 4 oz CA used (more than some of us consider
appropriate, although some favor more), AND the piano had been
previously treated with one of the "conventional" pin tighteners. The
first time I talked to someone who had done a number CA pinblock
treatments they emphasized that the old treatment (alcohol/glycerine
based, though I'm not sure what's in Garfield's) caused a much more
intense reaction with the CA, making for a *much* high torque reading.
IF that is your result you can tap the pin lightly, which should free
it up somewhat.
Patrick