good price for CA

Maggie Jusiel mags@magsmusic.net
Fri, 28 Jan 2005 05:09:08 +1300 (NZDT)

DEFINITELY no offense taken.  :D  I'm relatively new at this, and need all
the info I can get.  I've only been trained as a tuner & have gotten into
repair out of necessity.  ;)

Good point about the CA running somewhere...it's a baby grand...I'll
double check that.  That would really be nasty if it ran somewhere!  :-0
Yikes!  I'll let you know what I find...won't be with the piano again for
2 weeks or so.  I'll definitely use less on the rest of the piano, then
fill in the gaps.

Thanks!
-Maggie

>> Really?!?!  I haven't done enough of them to know, but the one I am
>> working on took a 2oz bottle in a VERY small section.  That's why I
>> ordered the 8oz bottle.  Probably not the thing I will regularly run
>> into,
>> I guess...?
>
> If I tell you things you already know, please take no offense, I'm just
> spouting what comes to mind first.
>
> What are you working on?  I've "never" had to use so much.  Probably the
> juice is running elsewhere.  If a grand, maybe check to make sure the glue
> isn't running through the pinblock to the action cavity.  If it's an
> upright
> on its back, who knows where it goes, but as with a grand, check
> underneath
> to see that it's not running out somewhere.  Sometimes if a piano seems to
> consume that much CA, I will treat the block once with 2oz.  Let that dry,
> and come back to it a week or two later and treat again.  The first
> treatment, once dried may help seal up some of the escape routes for the
> glue.  Then, the second treatment should use much less glue and give the
> hoped for results.  Worth a look.
>
> William R. Monroe

Maggie Jusiel
Piano Tuner