Dolly Install

Dean May deanmay@pianorebuilders.com
Thu, 27 Jan 2005 08:04:52 -0500

>>I helped a fellow in our chapter tip up a P22, and my brother helped me
with a Baldwin Hamilton one time, but haven't felt the gumption to hoist
myself...especially some old upright. Say, do you guys get the oldies up on
end by yourselves?

I've done it on occasion. It takes some practice to learn how to lock your
back and arms and lift it up with your legs, but it can be done. Having
someone on the other end pulling helps out quite a bit. They should put a
foot on the toe block, grab as high as they can, then hold their body as far
from the piano as they can.

Dean