Help with Schubert Warranty

CChristus chchristus@earthlink.net
Wed, 26 Jan 2005 23:37:59 -0500

I've seen these things over our way, under the name Schubert and Belarus.
They have all had rusty metal parts throughout, I think because the local
distributor had container(s) of them sitting out at sea for so long, for
some obscure reason, before they acquired them to sell to the unwitting
public.  They did sell cheap however.

>From Larry Fine's '98-'99 Supplement to "The Piano Book":  "This name was
used for a brief period several years ago on an off-brand Korean piano.
More recently, the name has appeared on pianos from several different former
Soviet republics, currently on pianos from Belarus."
Tri-Con Music Group
1626 North Prospect Ave. #2006
Milwaukee, WI 53202
941-953-9628
800-336-9164

Hope this info is still of some use for you.

Chuck Christus (FL)

-----Original Message-----
From: pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org] On Behalf
Of David Vanderhoofven
Sent: Wednesday, January 26, 2005 11:21 PM
To: pianotech@ptg.org
Subject: Help with Schubert Warranty

Can anyone help me with a valid phone number, address or contact
information for Schubert pianos?  I have a customer with a Schubert console
with most of the keypins very rusty.  The dealer doesn't handle Schubert
pianos any more and has no contact information for Schubert.  The PTG web
page at http://www.ptg.org/manufacturers.htm no longer lists Schubert as a
manufacturer.

This Schubert console has extremely rusty keypins, and the piano is only
about 3 years old or so.

Thanks for any information to help me track down the manufacturer,
importer, representative, or anyone at all associated with Schubert pianos
to help sort out this problem.

Sincerely,
David Vanderhoofven