"blotchy" soundboard

gordon stelter lclgcnp@yahoo.com
Wed, 26 Jan 2005 20:04:30 -0800 (PST)

Could the blotchy appearance be where, for some
reason, the finish wore through and the Howard's
soaked into the wood? Hope not.
     I wear a  gas mask and use naptha on steel wool
on filthy sound boards, and mop it up with rags and
paper towells. Cleans off most gunk, but will not
remove finish. Neither will mineral spirits, but it
evaporates more slowly.
     Thump