good price for CA

David Vanderhoofven david@vanderpiano.com
Wed, 26 Jan 2005 21:50:03 -0600

Maggie,

I agree with William here.  I would be cautious about using more than 2 oz
of CA on a piano, and probably never more than 4 oz of CA glue on one
piano.  I had an unfortunate incident a few years ago... very old 4'
something no-name grand, heavily rusted, AND... previously treated with
some unknown pinblock treatment.  I used 4 oz of CA glue, and since it was
out of town, wasn't able to get back for a few weeks.  Fast forward a few
weeks, and during tuning I found the tuning pin torque excessively
high.  The piano was almost untunable because the torque was so high.  AND,
a tuning pin snapped off flush with the plate.  Joy!

Also, please be very careful sniffing those fumes from the CA glue.  If you
have to choose between your health and patching together a marginal piano
using CA glue as a bandaid, consider that you only get one set of lungs.

Sincerely,
David Vanderhoofven
Joplin, MO