Re: Bösendorfer sound

Bec and John bjsilva001@comcast.net
Tue, 25 Jan 2005 16:42:53 -0500

Hi André,

It's interesting because for quite some time I always thought the
Bösendorfers were obnoxiously bright pianos - every time I heard one
(usually on TV) they were unpleasant to listen to. The few I had played
were also too bright for my taste. I just thought that's the way they
were.

Then Rich at Cunningham Piano showed me a few about 6 years ago, and
one in particular I found to be the prettiest piano I had ever played
up to that point! Visually too, it was beautiful. Somewhere around 6'
in size. Ever since then my perception of them totally changed.

-- John