Soundboard stiffness vs. string coupling

Ron Nossaman rnossaman@cox.net
Tue, 25 Jan 2005 06:59:12 -0600

>Good, I see what you are saying.  That leaves then the
>rear duplex length as a means of adjusting the amount
>of energy coupled into the soundboard.
>
>I will play with the Accujust setting.
>
>Thanks,
>
>Vladan

Hi Vladan,
You lost me again. The soundboard is coupled to the string by being clamped
to the bridge, which is glued to the soundboard. Adjusting the bearing
changes the downbearing loading on the board, changing the apparent
stiffness of the board, which changes the impedance mismatch between the
strings and the soundboard assembly.

Ron N