tuning pin torque

Terry terry@farrellpiano.com
Tue, 25 Jan 2005 06:12:37 -0500

If the piano is unstrung, I measure torque directly, turning either way. If
the piano is strung, I measure clockwise and then counterclockwise torque
and average the two together - I figure that should subtract the string pull
effect. And I think your figure is in the ballpark of what I have observed
the difference to be.

Terry Farrell