Effect of bridge height on tone?

gordon stelter lclgcnp@yahoo.com
Mon, 24 Jan 2005 20:35:03 -0800 (PST)

Excellent suggestion Dale, I have those issues and
will get reading. But "down bearing" is not what I'm
curious about here. What I am inquiring about is "yank
leverage"  caused by bridge height. A very low bridge
could have a lot of bearing on it, but impart the
energy to the board in quite a different fashion than
a high bridge with the same bearing, as the high
bridge will multiply the fore and aft motion of its
upper surface into more oscillating, up-and- down
distance at its footprint.
     Of course, added inertial mass could be a
detriment. How about a  bridge with a truncated
triangular cross-section ???
     My head hurts.
     Thump