Shop string dispenser

Piano Forte Supply pianoforte@pianofortesupply.com
Mon, 24 Jan 2005 19:15:54 -0800

String curl: You can fight it and wrestle with it, or you can avoid it.

One way to avoid the curl is to use wire coils that are free of that
tension, i.e. large coils.  As I use up my regular wire supply, I am
slowly replacing it with 5 lb coils.  Granted, not as practical for on
the road.  For this I take 5m or 15' of wire and make coils that fit
into a large manila envelope.

As well, all Pure Sound wire coils, 1/4 lb, 1/2 lb, 1 lb, come in large
coils (40 cm = 16") which have no inherent curl.

Jurgen Goering
www.pianofortesupply.com